This video provides the following in regards to performing Integrity Assessment in ABAQUS CAE using linear elastic fracture mechanics (LEFM):
– Knowledge and understanding of ABAQUS/CAE environment
– Setting up, solving and post-processing fracture mechanics based analyses
– How to estimate contour integrals in ABAQUS
– Crack stability analyses using LEFM and FEM
– Stress intensity factor calculations in, through thickness crack in infinite material, through thickness crack in a strip of finite width, and on edge crack in a semi-finite material.
It will also answer questions such as,
– Can I accurately predict crack initiation in ABAQUS or ABAQUS CAE?
– How can I be sure if the Contour integrals are calculated correctly?